Mawbey Group Practice is part of the North Lambeth Primary Care Network (NLPCN).
Since 2019 and as part of initiative set up nationally, practices have formed into local networks with a population size of at least 30k patients as a minimum. The aim was for practices to work together in their network bubble with community, mental health, social care, pharmacy, hospital and voluntary services in their local areas. This way with the combined efforts of their practices, Networks could be proactive, and provide personalised, coordinated and more integrated health and social care at a local level.
North Lambeth PCN (NLPCN) consists of 6 Practices:
Hurley and Riverside Practices
Lambeth Walk Group Practice
Mawbey Group Practice
South Lambeth Road Group Practice
Waterloo Health Centre
As required, for a PCN to operate, all the practices were asked to participate in the Network, by meeting and making decisions about number of areas of the primary care service. Representation at the NLPCN board is from GPs, Nurses, Practice Management and Administration staff from each of the 6 practices. Dr George Verghese leads the North Lambeth PCN as the Clinical Director. Meeting monthly, the PCN oversees a number of services as follows:
1. Extended Access Hours (run by each individual practice, but the PCN monitors performance)
2. Flu Vaccinations programme (run at each individual practice but the PCN checks with practices to monitor performance)
3. Care Homes Enhanced Service Management – this is a programme to help strengthen the GP service ties with Care Homes and ensure that patients have regular medical reviews, and other GP primary care services on a consistent basis.
4. Early Cancer Detection scheme – a scheme with Cancer Research UK and the GP Lead in Lambeth for Cancer services to ensure our uptake of cancer screening services are optimised, and early detection for effective treatment is robust
5. Covid Vaccination Service – the PCNs in Lambeth are working with Lambeth Federation to support and provide facilities for this service
6. Social Prescribing Service – PCNs oversee the employment of Social Prescribing Link Workers (more below)
The North Lambeth Primary Care Workforce
Under the national scheme, PCNs were able to employ staff in a number supporting clinical roles for General Practice. These are Clinical Pharmacists, Physicians Associates, Paramedics, Physiotherapists, Care Coordinators, Social Prescribing Link Workers, Health and Wellbeing Coaches, Nursing Assistants and Associates and Mental Health Practitioners. These roles are being expanded as the PCNs develop nationally. As of April 2021, the PCN has employed 3 Clinical Pharmacists to its network, plus 4 Social Prescribing Link Workers, 3 Care Coordinators and 4 Physiotherapists. The workforce is spread among the 6 practices and you may as part of your care have appointments in a practice with them. More information giving details on each of these roles will be published in due course.
The North Lambeth Primary Care Network has an appointed Clinical Director, Dr George Verghese – a GP Partner at the Waterloo Health Centre